Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys Elite > Question for support re warranty start ...
Question for support re warranty start date and deferred registration of product

2792 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: 2016-01-22 13:37:29

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend
    2016-01-13 22:59:41
      Hi Support I'm considering purchase of a new Maxi Sys Elite. I am hoping that the 1-year  warranty period begins  no earlier than the date of purchase new from China, (Not the date of manufacture). Can you clarify the warranty start date of the product?

Also, does Maxi Sys Elite  come pre loaded with manufacturer software like a DS708 that you would be able to use the tool as is indefinitely  before deciding to register the unit to get  the 12 month update period?

Will it likely be a more pricey proposition to update  the MaxiSys Elite  than a Maxi Sys Pro because it's faster (like it presently costs more to update a regular MS 908 than a MS 905 mini because the 908 is  bigger ?

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend
    2016-01-18 15:19:20 (Reply to:witsend)
      Hi support ,  would you have answers to the questions I asked 5 days ago, including the one whether or not the Maxiflash Pro would be able to be swapped back and  forth between the Maxi Sys Pro and the Elite, with out having a current active subscription on both tools to be able to do so?
     Wouldn't want to make a $1000 -$1300 mistake orphaning the Maxiflash Pro from the older MS908P and not being able to access the older software versions on the older tablet if needed, being forced to buy a sub in order to pair it back to the MS908 P if called back to action.

•   Level 9   
    (3413) points
    Support02

2016-01-20 12:06:04 (Reply to:witsend)

Hi Witsend, please refer to our reply:
    1. The warranty date will begin from the purchase date, if you can provide us your purchasing invoice or any receipts to prove the date.
    2. Maxisys Elite will be pre-load the software from the manufacture.
    3. The updating price is USD1295, the same with Maxisys Pro.

•   Level 9   
    (3413) points
    Support02

2016-01-20 12:11:46 (Reply to:witsend)

For your information, J2534 can only be bound with one Maxisys product. But if you mean you want to use J2534 of Maxisys Pro on Maxisys Elite, I think it should be able to.

But when you purchase Maxisys Elite, there will be a new J2534 coming with it.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend
    2016-01-22 13:37:29 (Reply to:Support02)
       Support , Sorry for all the tough questions , but someone needs to clarify things before anyone gets burned . 

Nickthegreek in another post asked about option of only purchasing  the Maxi Sys Elite Tablet head (to save cost) and just use re use everything else from his present MaxiSys Pro (with expired updates) including pairing the Pro's J2534  VCI to an Elite Tablet.His old MS 908 P still works fine and he has no plans to brick it. He wants to still use Pro  if he encounters a problem on a car with his Elite that might  be worked through  with his Pro with older software version.  I assume he expects to be able to  hot swap the Pro's VCI between the Elite and the Pro within minutes when needed because both units are registered to him ... however...
      My question is if he does successfully pair the MS908P's VCI  to the Elite  and he wishes to pair it back to his MS908 Pro  (with expired subscription), could it be paired back to the Pro again without having to buy a new subscription for the Pro or would the MS908P be just rendered useless until a new subscription or Maxi Flash Pro is purchased for it?
    Even if he were able to swap the Maxi Flash Pro back and forth. I don't know if the Pro's charger works on the Elite tablet or if he would have to purchase the docking station.
  Total1 Pages